Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Answered Prayers

I have to admit, I was pretty nervous before Ashton came along that life would become impossible. Hallie was a pretty hard baby and demanded LOTS of attention. I thought Hallie might beat up on little Ashton and try to pick him up (only to drop him) when I wasn't looking. I was planning for the worst and hoping for the best. Thus far, Ashton has been a gem compared to Hallie at this age. He's awake for almost 3 hours each morning and night, sometimes a little bit in the afternoon, and he just sleeps the rest of the time, unless he's hungry :) He's a fantastic nurser and Hallie is so nice to him. She shares Minnie, her blankie, her binkis and even her bottles with him. Our only troubles come when she wants to give him fives, sometimes she misses his hand and lands on his face, but he's been a good sport about it.
We've really appreciated the meals from our ward, Adam's mom for coming out last week, and I'm really excited for my mom to come in today! I've never been a passionate dinner-maker, and I think having my second baby has completely extinguished any small flame of desire to cook anything anymore. I've been watching the food network every day to hopefully rekindle some desire to make dinner for my family again, and I'm just grateful for the service of others so that we're not eating frozen pizza every night! We're hoping things continue to go as smoothly as they have our first 2 weeks... so far, so good!

2 comments:

Kurt and Jasmine said...

We are glad everything is good with the new baby. He is a sharp looking little boy. Good luck with the desire to cook (atleast for Adam's sake)I don't know that Jasmine cares to have a cooking desire but I am sure glad she does it anyway. Take care.

Kurt

Kim said...

I'm so glad to hear you say that you were nervous for it to work out with two- one is hard! That's totally how I feel, yet Dale is ready for #2. I'm not! And I'm glad I'm not the only wife/mom out there who dislikes cooking. TV doesn't even inspire me. Just makes me hungry. We're so happy for you and glad that things are going well!