Monday, August 3, 2009

Angels & Spray Cans

Well, you might think this is the third installation of Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code...sorry, not quite that suspenseful.

But, after a fun afternoon in Park City we had a trusty nail or two place itself in our back tire, and it was cause for celebration!...or not, b/c our tires still have acorn wheel locks on them (at least until tomorrow morning), and we are without key (a special keyed lug-nut puller). Add that to the fact that we were in Heber, UT on a Monday evening at 8 PM =]

...actually, I'm rather grateful we made it to Heber, about halfway between Park City & Heber, our little tire pressure indicator went off, so I pulled over and sure enough our back tire was hissing out air at a pretty decent rate. We still had decent tire pressure so I figured we ought to try and get down the hill. And with a prayer or two, we did. AFter seeing that there was ZERO chance of finding any auto-shop open, or at least still occupied by workers...I was able to procure one of these bad boys at Smith's.


Long story short it worked! I just don't want to be the guy that has to fix the flat in my tire tomorrow, I'm going to bet it will be a nasty job. I don't recommend these little cans if you can avoid it...but since I couldn't take my tire off to put on the spare, and there was ZERO chance of getting a mechanic to look at it, this worked very well.

So thank goodness for Angels & Spray Cans!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

flat tires are so scary. Well I sure don't like them. I miss Utah. But that is true about Heber it goes to bed at like 6 p.m. I miss it though.

Kristin said...

hi. :) I can't remember if I've stumbled across your blog yet...part of me thinks I have. either way, I'm adding you to the blog reel so I won't miss out anymore! I hope the move is smooth. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! love.

whitney johnson said...

Whit! I love the haircut!!!! What's Alaina up to??? I haven't talked to her in forever!