Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Potty Training


I decided on Monday to go out and make the ol' potty purchase. I wasn't really all that sure that Hallie was ready to be potty trained, but I thought it would be good to have around, just so she could start to understand that it was for her, whenever she was ready.
Hallie was so excited about her new potty once I put it together, she would just sit on it while she watched TV (fully clothed). I thought this was a good first step. Then today, I figured I would try letting her run around clothes-less and encourage her to use the potty when she needed to go. I was fully prepared for accidents and many failed attempts. I went about cleaning and later on asked Hallie if she needed to "go". I looked in her little potty and bless my soul, I never knew I could get so excited over urine. She had gone all by herself without any help, or any accidents!! She is now down for her nap (and I'm not expecting the impossible, I did put her in a diaper for her nap) and she's gone to the bathroom 3 times already, no accidents at all.
I know I'm extremely fortunate to have things go so easily, we'll just keep taking things one step at a time. Hopefully, she'll be completely trained before you know it!

P.S. I posted my latest cake for anyone interested.

1 comment:

Jessica Morgan said...

YAY for Hallie! I hope she continues to make the transition easy! Also... I looked at your cake... it is beautiful!