Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A little this and that

So I've been running again, and I'm starting to get to the point where I like it. When I first start, I HATE IT, pretty much more than anything else. It's like a self-inflicted trial, and I try to avoid such things like the plague, so it's basically torturous those first few weeks. Then finally, after about a month of consistent running where I'm up to about 5-ish miles, I start to actually like it! This is where I am now... I have to admit, I'm pretty excited for about another month from now when I'll start getting my runner's high. A marathon is on my list of goals before I have another baby (which gives me A LOT of time, since I always tell Adam that I'm waiting until Hallie can babysit to have another one, ha).
Ashton and Hallie are doing quite well, I realize I haven't posted many pictures of Hallie lately, it seems as though Ashton's getting all the love, so I will try to do better about not picking favorites. Our camera has been sapping the life out of all of our batteries though, so pictures may have to wait.
Finally, Adam continues to enjoy his internship and hate the commute. We're (or maybe just I'm) getting a little nervous for our prospects for work after we graduate, as Vegas has seen a major hit in the downfall of the economy and it's getting really hard for recent college graduates to get jobs anywhere. I know that the Lord has helped us out so much in every trial we have faced together so far though, and I know that He will lead us to where we are supposed to go. What a blessing it is to have the gospel! I would be a nervous wreck without the anchor of the Savior in my life. I'm grateful to be able to feel of His love for me and my little family daily. I know He's watching out for us!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You are in our prayers.