Sunday, November 1, 2009

Roller Toasters and Hiccups

We had a very fun week! On Wednesday we made the trek down to Disneyland with Adam's family. The kids (especially Hallie) had a GREAT time. Hallie was always asking to go see Mickey or Minnie, ride on a "roller toaster" or the "hiccups" (aka teacups). The girl takes after her dad for sure. Adam and Hallie like to go crazy and do lots of things all the time while my favorite parts of any vacation is the relaxing, sitting in the hot tub, drinking hot chocolate, not having to cook or clean parts. Let's face it, I'm just the lazy terd while they're the go-and-doers. I have a feeling Ashton might be more like me. His favorite part of Disneyland was eating. I had never met a child that loves to eat more than Ashton until I saw this picture at the Anne Geddes store in Downtown Disney...



This kid takes the cake... and eats it too. He truly is fatter than Ashton, which is quite a feat in and of itself.

Anyway, here's some pictures of the kids at Disneyland!


Who thought that Hallie would be afraid of Mickey? Not I!





Naturally Ashton's first stop at Minnie's house was the fridge. He was a little upset when he found out that the food wasn't real.


Hangin' out with "Grampy"


I actually got part of my inspiration for Ashton's Cars cake from some other person's blog standing by this exact same Mater.


And of course, what would Disneyland be without Goofy?

We got back into town Saturday night just in time to hurry and change into costume and go Trick or Treating. I still need to get pictures from the actual Halloween night from the Morris' but here's one from our Trunk or Treat night with the ward earlier in the week.


We bummed our costumes off Adam's family. Hallie was pretty excited to be a kitty after becoming obsessed with my Mom's cat when we visited earlier in the month. Ashton was rather indecisive about his costume so he was a lion for Trunk or Treat and Superman for Halloween.
All in all, it's been a pretty fun week for everyone! We all just have some catching up on sleep to do and hopefully Adam won't be too far behind on his studying :)
(....right)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

do you not have the most ADORABLE family ever??? my heavens. and Whitney-I am already so SO excited to come with Cam in January! There's no way I would ever let him go down there without me! How are you holding up out there with your gorgeous house? :) we're moving next month to a BIGGER place [finally!]. I can't wait! I'll need your help with furniture/decorating ideas. :)

whitney johnson said...

i've only been to disneyland once but i loooved it! looks like you guys did too :) and i love the costumes!

Brian, Laura, Felix & Ezra said...

so cute! I'm glad you guys had fun at Disneyland! OK, and Whitney, I can't believe how large and in charge Ashton is, lol! The only reason I believe he's your son is his supa-blond hair.
You're an awesome mom--keep up the fabulous work!