Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's OK to eat the cake!

Many people have told me that they would feel guilty eating one of my cakes. It's true, a lot of time and love goes into my cakes, but if you DON'T eat them, they will rot, disintegrate, and just be nasty in a month or two. So PLEASE, EAT THE CAKE. After all, it's meant to be eaten. If you are still finding yourself a little nervous about taking the initial plunge, may I provide a brief visual tutorial.

Part 1. Seeing the cake for the first time, and feeling a sense of guilt knowing that it will soon be destroyed.






Part 2. The Birthday Boy


Part 3. Deciding what to eat first... (Mater or McQueen?!? It's so hard to choose, Mom!!)


Part 4. THE PLUNGE, YUM!


Part 5. Basking in the Deliciousness (No, he's not hemorrhaging from the mouth, it's food coloring)


Part 6. The casualty


The End.
Hopefully this little tutorial has settled some of your nerves about eating these cakes. I promise, they really are very good, and as long as you get a lot of fabulous pictures, you won't feel guilty for eating the cake.

Despite Ashton's grumpiness and refusal to smile for any of the pictures, his birthday was a success. I can't believe my little boy is already one! Happy Birthday, Buddy!! Mommy and Daddy love you tons!

4 comments:

Jessica Morgan said...

Haha! way to carry on the tradition Ashton! What a cute cake whit!

Kristin said...

aw happy birthday Ashton!!! Whitney that cake turned out SO cute. I'm sending my mom to look at this. Seriously.

Kristin said...

aw happy birthday Ashton!!! Whitney that cake turned out SO cute. I'm sending my mom to look at this. Seriously.

whitney johnson said...

i can't believe you already have 2 kids! and that cake is incredible, as always! :)