Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Kids

I decided that I need to post a little more regularly about the kids.  Some day, I'll get old, they'll get old, and I'll forget all the cute things they do.  So here we go... 
Hallie  
(with her beautiful aunt Kelsey)
Hallie amazes me at how smart she is.  She'll start quoting episodes of shows when we're out shopping after only seeing it once or twice.  She loves Star Wars (thanks to her dad).  She loves dressing up like a princess and giving me long kisses (I wonder where she learned that?).  She's just barely starting to get along with Ashton, poor kid has taken quite a beating ever since birth.  Hallie loves to go places and do new things.  She loves doing "projects" with me.  Be it a cake, painting, putting on make-up, basically just about anything but cleaning :)  She has a very curious mind and wants to know everything, but will only play with any new toy for about 10 minutes and never play with it again.  She's definitely ready for preschool or a gymnastics class or something, which I hope will happen here in the next couple of months.

Ashton
 

Ashton is my sweet, sensitive child.  He doesn't respond well to discipline though, so it's a good thing he doesn't need a ton of it.  He greets me every morning with a slobbery, open mouthed kiss, and he wants to hold my hand everywhere I go.   He adores Hallie, but he's starting to fight back occasionally too (I guess we don't want him to be a pansy, so maybe it's a good thing Hallie roughs him up a little).   He loves to give other girls kisses, especially his little friend Madison.  His favorite place in the house is the fridge... he likes to sit right inside the door and snack on anything that might be available for eating.  He breaks at least one thing a week, so I guess we need to baby-proof a little better with him than we had to with Hal :)  Ashton is the happiest when all of us are home together, it's amazing the difference in his attitude when just one of us leaves.  He wants his family together at all times (so do I, but there are bills to be paid, unfortunately).

So there you have it.  Our two little adorable half-pints and some of their cuteness.  They're a lot of fun to have around.  I know my life would be pretty lonely without them.  There's just something very fulfilling about raising children and always being able to have them around!
 

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love the pictures, did you do them?! Super cute!!

Staci said...

Whoa, did you take the pictures of your kids? You have many hidden talents, or at least ones I don't know about! Madi likes to kiss Ashton too!

Whitney said...

No, no, no. Have you seen my cake pictures? If I was a good photographer, they would look much better than a background of the kitchen table :) We had those pictures taken up in Rexburg over Christmas by a real photographer!

Kat said...

I love reading things that mommy's write about their kids. It makes me smile. They are beautiful. Sure wish our kids could be friends. I think they would get along great. Lily is outgoing and roughs up Jake all the time. Jake is sweet and sensitive like Ashton. I love it.

Rebecca said...

You do have a cute family. I agree I love the pictures as well. I also agree with your friend Kat. I love the things mommy's write about their kids. Keep them comming. It makes me feel like I know them. Maybe some day. Love ya.