Monday, March 8, 2010

ihatemyspacebar

So, a couple weeks ago, one of the kids knocked Whitney's lappy off the counter and onto the floor...much to the chagrin of my wife, and to her 250GB harddrive, and to her excel Budget file that was corrupted.  So, geekery to the rescue (almost).  I had an extra laptop harddrive, so I copied everything over (the old harddrive still worked, just at 1/20th of the speed...not exaggerating), and reinstalled her operating system.

Well, not even a day later, Ashton got his paws on Whitney's laptop, and thought it would be a barrel-full-of-monkeys amount of fun to take rip off some of the keys off her keyboard...I couldn't completely come to the rescue there.  With one exception, you can still use every key on her keyboard (with the key off), you just have to depress the little rubber nub on the circuit board.  But, for the spacebar, you actually have to press the little metal square (where the rubber nub used to be), it is quite the exercise, and takes much mastery.

Haha, this is where the fun begins, at least for me it was.  I'm at work today and Whitney started to chat with me [excerpt]:
(17:16:25) LOVEY hallie's eaten about 1 full cup of sour cream in the past 5 minutes
(17:17:32) meetloaf13@hotmail.com hahaha
(17:17:39) meetloaf13@hotmail.com you are what you eat right?
(17:21:13) meetloaf13@hotmail.com did your keyboard come?
(17:27:06) LOVEY notatthedoor
(17:27:16) LOVEY sorryihatemyspacebar:)
(17:27:20) LOVEY ha
(17:27:25) meetloaf13@hotmail.com lolz
(17:27:27) meetloaf13@hotmail.com hahahaha
(17:27:34) LOVEY itmightbeinthemailbox

(18:06:44) LOVEY sometimebeforethursday,willyoupickupsomemoreshampooatcostco?
(18:06:50) LOVEY ha
(18:06:55) meetloaf13@hotmail.com lolololol
(18:07:08) LOVEY awwww
(18:07:13) LOVEY poorme:)
I got a pretty good kick out of it.  But don't think that Whitney is a lemonsucker...ihatemyspacebar.blogspot.com is now taken, and may have it's debut post very very soon.

=D

Y  a  y    f  o  r    s  p  a  c  e  b  a  r  s  !

1 comment:

Staci said...

Oh that made me laugh, especially since I got to see the sad state that your keyboard really is in. I don't know why I expect anything to stay nice anymore.... No worries about the play dough, I never expect her to stay clean, so you do not need to worry about it! She is in to everything!