Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sugar and spice and everything nice?

I challenge that little nursery rhyme...

I have scientific proof that Children are not made of sugar, nor spice, nor everything nice. They are made of love and crumbs.

Thursday, Whitney had a haircut appointment, and I had some errands to run, so I took the kiddos with me for a few hours. I transferred the car seats from Whit's car to mine, and we commenced our car-fixing, scooter-fixing, car-washing, Hallie-inhaling-a-McDonald's-cone-watching, once-there-was-a-snow-man-listening, afternoon. It was grand. And the best part, the kids were great, I didn't have to bribe the kids with anything while we were driving around (not one piece of food...especially nothing that produces crumbs).

[sidenote] Since we got the second car, it is amazing to me how clean my car has remained. I don't ever have to vacuum it, unless something crazy happens, like having to take Cookie Monster to the store, because he wanted some Oreo Cakesters[/sidenote]

So, the day was over. We unloaded, went home, saw our beautiful mommy/wifey and had some scrumptious dinner. The next morning, I unsuspectingly went out to put the car seats back in Whitney's car. To my surprise, after returning the car seats, I went back to close the doors and lock up the car, only to find that my ever-immaculate back seat was now full of CRUMBS! Tens and hundreds of little specimens! Yeah, I know what you're probably thinking...well, you're wrong. My kids really ARE made of crumbs. Ashton is always trying to gnaw on Hallie's delectable little fingers, not to mention his constant efforts to afford himself a few strands of her hair. Who needs the scientific method?

So, Hypothesis: Children are made of crumbs. Proof: my kids shed crumbs like dandruff, and yours do too...and dogs like to lick little kids' faces, because they are delicious.

No comments: