Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Trip to Vegas

Sorry for such a delay in posting... I'm actually leaving to go up to Idaho this week, so I knew I had to squeeze something in before I left again. We were in Vegas the past 10 days looking for a house and visiting family! The house hunting was insane and basically, we still don't know if we have a house yet, but we should be finding out this week. Basically it's a bidding war housing market, so after the first two days of looking around, we had to look for cheaper houses so that we could bid them up 10-20 thousand. Insanity. Then we decided to stick around for the fourth since Taylor and Stasi were coming down. Hallie loved all the swimming and jumping and hanging out with her aunt and uncles and grandparents.

Then yesterday (the 4th) Hallie was super excited about these fireworks that everyone was telling her about. We put a blanket down and watched them together, and Hallie laid down right next to me, putting her hands behind her head just like I was. We talked about what colors the fireworks were and ooo-ed and ahh-ed over the big ones. It was a great mother-daughter moment :)

Here's some pictures we took while down in Vegas... they're growing up!









Hallie picked about 82 of grandma's flowers this past week... and here's what happened almost every time...


Hallie picking her flower



Hallie admiring her flower



Hallie "picking" her flowers



Hallie suffering the consequences and looking for more flowers

-Whit


A few last minute additions to the Vegas-trip blogness. I must say, the older I get, the more cherished my family becomes. I've never disliked my family, or been bothered by them, but it's like each time we visit, I experience a new level of joy and a greater appreciation for the wonderful family that I've been blessed with. That includes Whit's family as well. I could not ask for a better bunch to be related to. My family is one of the spiritual constants that God has given me in life. One of the guiding stars, if you will. I know that I can always count on them to support me and help motivate me to become more Christ-like. Let's face it, I love my family!

While we were down, the extended family that was in town came over for Zach's ordination to the Melchizedek priesthood, it was a wonderful occassion. Here we are, minus Jessica of course (...she's playing broom hockey with tumble weeds, in the big TX):
From July 2009


Last but not least, Whitney and I were able to immortalize our little hippo man, the Tank, the Hungry Hippo, Porky-Boy...the list goes on. This picture sort of reminds me of Han Solo, when he was solidified in Carbon Freeze. It's a humorous little snapshot of the Ashtonat0r (if you can't quite make it out, shrink the image, or stand back a few feet):
From July 2009


That's all for now, just going to spend the next month or so admiring my beautiful wife and re-learning financial accounting for the CPA exam.

Oh yes, and sadly I must part with the little Harley, if anyone wants a scooter that goes 60 mph, gets ~85+ MPG, and pops wheelies, let me know. =]

-Adam

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hello cute girl! Glad I found ya on the blog world. :) Your kids are adorable! glad we could help out this weekend. Keep us posted on your moving situation-if you need help packing/wrestling kids/scavenging food, we're less than a block away. :)

Breanne Unsicker Evans said...

Hey.. need to get rid of scooter? Let me know what you want for it : ) I would so like to have one.