Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another year of heartbreak (at least I'm used to it by being a BYU fan!)



(Disclaimer:  I am a huge Cleveland Cavaliers/LeBron James fan.  If you don't care for basketball or sports in general, don't bother reading on :)  I understand that many don't understand my passion for the God-given sport of basketball.)

It's time for my annual post on the Cavaliers.  I really don't know WHAT to say.  I'm confused, sad, mad, and mostly just confused.  LeBron just FELL apart these last 2 games.  Adam and I have been talking about it quite a bit.  Was he hurt with the elbow or his leg and just trying not to say anything and make a scene? That's what I thought at first, but now I'm not so sure.  LeBron just kind of sauntered around tonight, not driving like he usually does or running in from nowhere for the block.  Now, I know he had a triple double, but he almost had a quadruple double with 9 turnovers, and that's not the kind of quadruple double you want.  He almost acted like he was trying to prove a point, just like a few years ago in our good friend Kobe...... (or not.  I have quite a lot of Sports Hate for Kobe).  Maybe he was trying to say, "why would I stay here?  I get a TRIPLE DOUBLE, and the rest of my team still can't win."  And I can't blame him too much, he shouldn't have to carry such a load.
Whatever the reason, I would be surprised at this point if LeBron returns to the Cavs next year.  At the beginning of the season, I would have said there was NO WAY he was leaving.  The Cavs were looking so good, I know LeBron loves being the hometown boy, all his friends are there in the A-K-rowdy (aka Akron) so I thought he was there to stay.  But like he's said over and over this year, he's in the NBA to win games, and unless some major changes are made, I think LeBron's going elsewhere.  Perhaps you think I'm wrong?  I hope so.  Let me know if you do.  I love any words of encouragement :)
If LeBron does leave, will I change "favorite teams"?  Adam thinks he'll be loyal to wherever LeBron is.  I think I'll always love the Cavs, they're just my team.  I'll always support LeBron and I'll probably even like his new team second best, but I think my heart will ultimately lie with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
At any rate, I will always love the game of basketball.

And now... GO SUNS
:)

4 comments:

Brad said...

Lebron's heart wasn't in it anymore. Something snapped within him, and my best guess is he finally made his decision- he's not coming back. Bad time to make the decision as his heart leaving meant the Cavs exiting the playoffs as well... I woulda liked to see them in the next round against Orlando :(.

As long as the Lakers don't win, I'll be happy...

Kristin said...

woot! go suns! and yeah. Sorry about the heartbreak. :( I don't know enough about the team to give an opinion on whether he'll stay or go, but I'm with Brad-so long as the laker's don't win, I'm thrilled! I, too, have a TON of sports hate for Kobe. [ick.]

Kari said...

Someone told me at work that LeBron might go to the New York Nicks....eewwwww. Not a fan. I love Lebron and I'm also disappointed in his performance, I couldnt even watch the last game because it was so pitiful. Oh well.

elopingcamel said...

Being from Vegas I can understand Adam's loyalties lying with players more than teams; we have never had a pro sports team to call our own.

I will root for LeBron as long as he does not go to the following teams: Lakers, Knicks, any team from Texas, or Chicago.

I may not have a team of my own, but I certainly have plenty of teams to HATE, with the Lakers #1 on that list.