Sunday, May 9, 2010

Busy Busy

I didn't die of pneumonia, don't worry.  I know I haven't blogged in a while (for me, anyway), but that's just because I've been CRAZY busy.  After I had my bout of sickness, the kids and I packed up and went to the wintery land of Rexburg to visit my family so that Adam could study for his next CPA test.  It was nice to see the family, the weather was freezing, and Ashton was bullied to death by Hallie, but we had a good time :)  The kids were actually great on the plane, the part I was most nervous about.  We got home on the 29th and I had 3 cakes to make by May 1.  So I had roughly 36-40 hours to get 3 cakes done.  One was a BabyCake, not too stressful, so I got it out of the way first.  Then I made this beauty...


 And finally, I made a book cake.  I was given this picture...

and was asked to do the top 3 books. Now, I was in a HUGE rush to get this delivered on time for a surprise birthday, and I only got 3 hours of sleep in a 30 hour time span, so I wasn't mentally all together.  Anyway, I FORGOT to take a picture of the cake!!  I've tried contacting the people I did it for, but I still haven't heard from them.  I think the cake ended up looking REALLY close to the picture above, so I'll just have to let you look at this one.
The 30th was my birthday, and I just worked on cake all day long.  Adam and I celebrated on Saturday evening by going to one of my favorite restaurants in town (Grimaldi's) and watching the Cavs beat the Celtics (yaaaay)! 
Adam studied like crazy the next week while I tried to do some deep cleaning.  He took his test on Friday and then we decided to do the paneling in the bathroom on Saturday after my friend's shower.  It started out looking really boring when we moved into it.  Kind of like this bathroom...


Same mirror, same sink, different floor though... but ya know, just boring.  So I painted it, until it looked like this...

Replaced the mirror with a MUCH better one from Home Goods, painted it blue, and switched out the lights.  All that was done a while ago.  Then last week, I ripped out the baseboard...

And Adam and I went to work!  It's not all done, we still have to caulk, spackle, put in some corner pieces, and paint it (obviously), but I think it's looking good!

I wanted something that looked more custom than just a sheet of beadboard.  So I copied the paneling in my mom's house :)  It actually looks exactly like this in her bathroom, so I'm WAY excited for how it will turn out once it's all painted.  I'll post the big reveal later on this week!

P.S. Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there.  I would post more on the subject, but I think I've gone on long enough :)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU! And that cake is adorable! So, we miss you guys. glad you got to see your family, though! It's almost summer time...does that mean I get to go shopping in Vegas/Primm again?

Staci said...

I love the bathroom so far, it looks really good. I can't wait to see it finished! One day I am going to steal your idea and do it to a room in my house.

April @ The Painted Cupboard said...

Hi, I googled beadboard bathrooms and came across yours...it looks great!! What kind of paneling did you use?? I really like that look. Thanks, April