Sunday, June 27, 2010

We've been having fun all summer long

Here in Vegas, summer ends with June.  Then our own personal season, HOT AS HADES (all caps required) hits in July and August.  So here's to summer, we shall miss you.  We're really not looking forward to outrageous electric bills and frying eggs on our sidewalk, but I still think I'll take the heat over the cold... even if my winter clothes are cuter. 
We've been swimming at least 3 times every week, going hiking and watching plays, playing with friends and watching basketball.  Hallie just loves to GO all the time ("Where are we going today, Mommy?" are frequently the first words I hear in the morning) and Ashton just wants to eat... always.
 Here's some photos of our latest happenings.


1.  Hanging out in mom's "get ready for vacation" tanning chair  2. Dressing up at Sydney's house 3. Running at the park 4. Getting the face painted before Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  Basically, we've been pretty spoiled with fun :) 
I've been taking a break from cake decorating and won't start up again until September so that I can update and totally re-vamp my website and just have a great time with the kiddos. I'd really LOVE to do a party inspired by these shoes...
I can just see the whole butterfly, summer colors party now.  Anyone need a birthday party planned for their little girl?? :)  It would be so amazingly CUTE.
Have a fabulous summer and drink lots of lemonade!  I'll be back after we get home from Idaho.
In the meantime, check out the new things I've added to my website, give me any input, and vote on my poll there.  Thanks!
www.whitneyscakes.com

3 comments:

Adam said...

Haha...actually Hallie usually says the night before..."Mom, what are we going to do after Ashton's nap?" (Which means his 11 hour snooze-fest...man, those were the days weren't they?)

-Daddy-O

Julie said...

They are so grown up!!

Staci said...

I like your reference to July and August...very fitting. I hope you have fun in Idaho, the cool nights and lots of family time. I am hoping I have a baby when you come back! We need to get together before you leave!