Tuesday, August 3, 2010

GRIPE SESSION - $120 for parking at church = sad face

So, we often go to my parents after church for a lovely Sunday meal.  And I often go to church separately and when we go to my folks, we just leave my car there.

Well, upon retrieving my car a month ago, I got a lovely little pink slip with a nasty orange sticker (uber-sticky...we're talking goo-gone) attaching it to my windshield (what ever happened to using the wipers?).

Any who, sure, I broke the law, it's a misdemeanor [criminal!], I can't say that I had ever seen the parking sign, in fact, I had to go back and look to see where it was, and especially since people have parked on that road since the beginning of time.

In my mind, 'No parking zones' are placed to increase public safety...in my case, I think the parking sign was placed for public annoyance.  I'll let you be the judge, but unless we are allowing lizards and katydids to be U.S. citizens, I doubt any of our citizens safety has been blessed by the fortuitous placement of this no parking zone which happens to be essentially in the middle of the desert far from any type of residential property or narrow roads with limited visibility (not bitter).

3 comments:

shiloh said...

That may be one of the best visuals I've ever seen. Sorry about the ticket.

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Oh bummer! I park there all the time.

Adam said...

Women are good commiserators...I thank you for your sympathy. Wifey thanks you too.

...I'm going to pout some more.