Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Since January

 Hallie turned 6 in January, and of course, she requested a kitty cake for her birthday.  We went with Marie from Aristocats, and I think it turned out cute (and definitely perfect for Hallie).


 I haven't made nearly as many cakes since moving here, mostly just for birthdays, my sister's wedding, and the occasional cake for a community event at my dad's business.  It's better this way, all the mess was driving me nuts :)
Hallie wanted to do crafts and games for her birthday, we had tons of fun making snowglobes and coloring and playing games in the basement.  Hallie's favorite part was the presents, naturally.


Tax season hits us hard and fast after Hallie's birthday every year, so we pretty much go into hibernation for 2.5 months.  I had to stay down a lot with this baby, so I started teaching myself how to sew.  I'm not perfect, but I'm getting better.  I made this blanket into a car seat cover for Azy, and I loved how it turned out.  I ended up making a ton of hair bands, shoes and blankets to pass the time while watching Friends every night.  Good times :)

We decided we would let our cat have a litter or two of kittens before we get her fixed for the kids.  They LOVED having kitties around.  They were both pretty sad when we had to give them away, but we think the cat might already be pregnant again, so they'll have one more go-around of kitties soon.

Tax season finally ended in April (yay) and Azy came 2 weeks later.  For Mother's Day, we tried to take our first family pictures together.  We didn't have a whole lot of good ones, but they still turned out fun.



 A few weeks after Azy was born, we went up to the cabin with my family just to hang out.  We stopped at Mesa Falls on the way home.  It still amazes me every time I see it.  I love summertime in Idaho.  There really is a lot to see and do close by.  The winter is long and freezing, but we really enjoy those 4 months of nice weather we do get :)

I've still got more from Azy's blessing and some other things, so I'll update soon!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Whitney I wish I could have come and seen you. I hope to get up to Idaho next year. We will see. I love your cakes you are doing. And your new little one is so cute. I hope all is well.