Monday, September 29, 2008

Bed Rest


So I went to the doctor's office today for my 34 week ultrasound. The technician was telling me that the baby was sitting surprisingly low and asked if I had been having any contractions. I told her that I've had more with this baby than with Hallie, but that they weren't painful, just uncomfortable. She thought it might be a good idea for me to meet with the doctor just to get his opinion on the matter. I explained to him what had been going on and he asked if I wanted him to check to see if I was dilated at all, but he didn't seem too worried. I told him that I would be interested in knowing, just for fun :) It turns out that I'm nearly 4 cm dilated!! That's almost half a labor! Fortunately, I'm 34 weeks along so I don't have to sit in the hospital for days, but he did put me on bed rest for the next two weeks (too bad my bed isn't as cool as the one in the picture). I'm sure I'll survive just fine, I just don't think Hallie will be too happy. If any of you have any fantastic self-entertaining ideas for children, PLEASE let me know!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh gosh Whit, I am so sorry that you got put on bed rest. It will be for the best though. The baby needs to stay in there just a little while longer. I wish I could help. You can always do puzzles, and watch some movies with Hallie. I'm sure it wont be that fun for her, but I love movies! hahaha. You could keep your blog REALLY updated, and shop online. YAY! I am not really doing much right now, I could come and take care of her for a while if you wanted! Let me know! I miss you!

Kurt and Jasmine said...

Sorry to hear about the bed rest. I hope everything goes well the rest of the way. Good luck.