Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trip to Zion

I would have to agree with Roy that Idaho is, in fact, Zion. There are parts that are a little more "zioned" than others, with Rexburg topping the charts in my opinion (it does help that all my family lives there now). We were able to visit my parents new home up by the temple this past weekend and just hang out with everyone. The house was gorgeous (but I didn't expect anything less, as this is my mom's dream home) and the company was superb. We had a lot of fun going up to my grandpa's cabin in Island Park and trying to keep Hallie from destroying Tate. Our first stop was at Bear World, where we got to experience a grizzly bear charging our car :) We also got to pet the dear, hold the fluffy chickens, and Adam had the opportunity to abuse an arthritic pig (ok, this information was provided after the encounter). We then went to Island Park and floated down the freezing buffalo river (luckily the three of us were in a canoe), and then we just hung out at my parent's the rest of the weekend. Here are some photos of the events...
Doesn't get a whole lot better than all the sisters petting a goat.
The original Webb girls... I think we're a pretty cute bunch, despite my melon of a stomach.
Breakfast with Hallie and Tate... one of Hallie's better moments with her cousin.
The gorgeous Rexburg temple at sunset. The sunset was actually better a few minutes before this, but the temple wasn't lit, so you couldn't even see it in the pictures. This picture was taken right outside my parent's house. What a view!


We had a great time! It was nice to break up all the moving and just relax for a few days. We're back into the swing of things now... Adam's started class again and I'm doing the best I can to get us all moved in. I really don't believe pregnant women are made to pack and unpack though, I think I've had to bend over about 5,234 times. Oh well, just one more room, one more trip to the storage unit and some wall hangings left and we'll be all done, wohoo!
-Whit

In case you were wondering, here's a little bit of the Hog's Wart encounter (just finished Harry Potter 7 for the second time)... I wish I was a wizard, my patronus would be a spider monkey.
-Adam

P.S. Turn up your volume for the full effect =)

No comments: