Thursday, September 11, 2008

Motherhood



I always enjoy being Hallie's mom (ok, there are some rough days when I just can't wait for her to go to bed, but they aren't super often)... but some days stand out more than others. Today was one of those days where I just basked in all the glories of motherhood. I woke up to Hallie wanting to crawl into bed by me to drink her milk, which lasted the typical 3 seconds before she wanted down. We had bathtime which is always fun and she was awesome during our grocery shopping trip. Then I came home to put her down for her nap and she just wanted to rock in her chair and have me sing primary songs all day long. After about 10 or 15 minutes, I decided she really did need to go down for her nap, and she was pretty sad that the "wocking" and songs were over, but I promised her more after her nap. She woke up singing songs to herself in her crib, and we played for about an hour before running more errands. After those were through, she wanted to go to "schoo" to visit daddy, so we made the trip over to the Tanner building (we're trying to reinforce this love for school, hopefully it lasts for many years to come). She was delightful the rest of the evening... and I was one happy mom. I know this probably means she'll either be awful tomorrow or something traumatic will happen tonight... like going into labor 8 weeks early without insurance, but as for now, I think I'll just continue to bask in my joy :)

No comments: