Sunday, January 31, 2010

A birthday and a night out

Hallie turned 3 about 2 weeks ago! I didn't get many pictures of the event but her cake is on my cake blog. I do have a video, which I'll just cross my fingers it works here:



















...and it doesn't work.  It's really long anyway, so maybe I'll upload it later... maybe.

We went to Chuck E. Cheese, which I thought Hallie would love. Unfortunately, she couldn't climb up the slide so she found the event more frustrating than exciting. She did love her cake though, and ate the whole thing almost single-handedly. A girl after my own heart.


 Adam finished his first CPA test 2 weeks ago! We're still waiting to hear back, but I forced him to take a 2 week break from studying so that he could get re-acquainted with his wife :) We went to the strip last week and ate at the Bellagio Buffet (a perk from work). They had quite the spread! Afterward, we decided to check out the new and AMAZING City Center. It was nothing shy of impressive. Adam and I both appreciate art, in all of it's forms, so we decided to go to Dale Chihuly's art museum.
 
  
  

Then, I BEGGED Adam to go to the Bellagio Bakery with me.  He was pretty easy to convince and we saw some AMAZING cakes.  We actually found a bakery in City Center too, so we got lots of eye candy.  I didn't get a picture of the one cake I loved most, but I'll be back :)  They even had some mini cakes there (if any of you have been following my cake blog lately, you'll see my new love for the little minis)!  There's were smaller than mine though, by a lot, and they were charging $20 a piece for them!  Mine are like 3 times as big and not even $20.  I guess that's what you get when you shop on the Strip.



The $20 Minis (no bigger than your palm)

Minis that are more like the size I do.  Not for sale, though, so I didn't get to compare :(  I don't know, I kind of think mine are cuter anyway (although theirs are more elaborate).  Maybe I'm just biased!

 
Just a crazy insane-o cake.  I don't even know how you could do a real cake of this without it toppling over.  Mind boggling.





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

whitney johnson said...

Hey Whit! I've been meaning to tell you--I loooove your new cake blog! Very cute! How did you get that format? And that art museum you guys went to looks pretty incredible. Vegas sounds like a fun place :)

Kat said...

Your cakes probably taste way better too so in your face cake bakery on the strip.